Information Collection and Use
Personal information is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a natural person or household, such as a real name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, payment information, and account ID (“Consumer PII,” “personal information,” or “PII”). When other information is directly associated with personal information, that information may also be considered personal information. Information that is aggregated, de-identified, or anonymized is not considered personal information. Publicly available information that is made available from federal, state, or local government records, also is not personal information.
1) full name,
2) postal address,
3) shipping address,
4) internet protocol (IP) address,
5) primary and secondary phone numbers,
6) e-mail address,
(7) customer record information, including caller ANI, account number, and service address,
(8) payment-related information, including bank account or credit card information,
(9) voice recordings when you call us (payment-related information will not be recorded on the call), and
(10) information pertaining to internet or network activity such as a consumer’s interaction with an advertisement, and other information obtained from cookies and clear gifs, as described further below.
We may collect personal information at the following times:
(1) when you register to receive communications from this website or any website owned by the owner of SeniorAffairs.com,
(2) when you seek information or apply for products and services offered through this website or any website owned by the owner of SeniorAffairs.com,
(3) when you enter promotions or sweepstakes offered by this website or any website owned by the owner of SeniorAffairs.com,
(4) when you provide personal information to us through feedback, survey, or other forms hosted on this site or any website owned by the owner of SeniorAffairs.com,
(5) when you visit our Web Site, including through cookies and clear gifs, as described further below, and
(6) when you contact us.
We collect your personal information in order to:
(1) process and fulfill your requests for information, products, and services,
(2) solicit your opinions and other feedback,
(3) conduct research,
(4) customize the advertising and content you see and receive,
(5) improve our products and services, and
(6) provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
In addition, we may receive information about you from other sources, such as service providers and unaffiliated third party marketing companies, for tracking purposes. We may add the information we receive about you through those means to your existing account. Like other web sites, we also automatically receive and record certain types of information every time you visit us. We use “cookies” and the other information to enhance your experience and present you with personalized offers. Likewise, we use third-party advertising companies to distribute and track advertisements appearing on our web site. These companies may employ cookies and action tags to measure advertising effectiveness. More information about cookies can be found in our Cookies and IP Addresses section below.
If you apply for a job with Owner, we will collect additional information in connection with your application. This may include:
1) full name, email, phone number, LinkedIn URL or other URL;
2) work authorization status, or sponsorship requirement;
3) resume, CV, cover letter, work experience, and education information;
4) current employer;
6) professional and work-related licenses, permits, and certifications held;
7) reference-related information;
8) gender, race, and veteran status, if you choose to provide it to us; and
9) any other information that is available online, or that you elect to provide to us.
Such information may be collected from you directly, from your references, from a recruiter, from your prior employers, and from your places of education. We will only use this information to evaluate your candidacy, including by processing your application, assessing your qualifications, corresponding with you, and complying with legal obligations.
Cookies and IP Addresses
To serve you more efficiently and effectively, we use “cookies” technology. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive that contains information about the user. Cookies are not way linked to Consumer PII. Once the user closes their browser, a cookie typically terminates. Cookies enable a web site to “personalize” itself for each user and reduce the time it takes for pages to load on your computer. In order to optimize your experience, cookies also help with the collection of customer tracking data. We may also capture customer tracking data on some of our partner’s web sites, related to activity involved with the completion of offers listed on our web site. This information is used to monitor the performance of our partners. If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site will be limited. We also keep track of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and may disclose your IP address during the course and scope of our business. An IP Address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer every time you log on to the Internet.
Your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls and to exercise your cookie preferences, visit your browser or device’s help material. If you choose to reject cookies, as noted above, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites and services. To learn more about Cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs) that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movement of Web users. We also use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails the recipients have opened. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. If users would like to opt-out of these emails, please see the Opt-out section within any email you receive from us.
Sharing of Your Personal Information
Except as expressly set forth herein, (i) we do not sell your personal information, and (ii) SeniorAffairs.com also does not share your personal information with partners or providers associated with other domains owned by the Owner of SeniorAffairs.com.
We may share your personal information to the following categories of third parties, and/or under the following circumstances:
- Partners, sponsors, advertisers, service providers, and marketers lookup and reference services and any other entities that SeniorAffairs.com believes are able to provide Consumers with special offers and opportunities, including retail opportunities, that relate to the requests you have made. These businesses include providers of direct marketing services and applications, including lookup and reference, data enhancement, suppression and validation, and email marketing. In each case, you will have agreed to receive such information. For example, if you have requested a quote for a service from a particular company, we will share your information with that company to facilitate your request.
- With other persons, if we believe it is necessary to 1) comply with applicable laws; (2) respond to governmental inquiries; (3) comply with valid legal process; or (4) protect the rights or property of SeniorAffairs.com, SeniorAffairs.com’s web sites or other Consumers.
When you request quotes or request to be contacted through SeniorAffairs.com or our other sites that we operate, you are authorizing us to share information with our business partners who will contact you by (i) phone, including without limitation any prerecorded telephone call to any telephone number including without limitation any wireless telephone number, which could result in charges to you, (ii) SMS text message, (iii) email, or (iv) mail. We may also contact you through any of the above means. If you do not want further communication from them or us, please notify the person or entity that contacts you directly.
Additionally, SeniorAffairs.com may share Consumer PII in aggregate (non-personal information), with select companies that wish to reach a particular Consumer target audience (e.g., female Consumers between the ages of 25-35, who have an average household income of over $50,000.00). This information will allow these entities to provide relevant offers to specific Consumers.
Advertisements & Pop Up Windows
On occasion, you may receive advertisements for SeniorAffairs.com from third parties. These advertisements are served by the third-party web site that you have visited or directly from this website or any site owned by the owner of SeniorAffairs.com. In addition, such advertisements may be placed by third-party ad servers or ad networks. We maintain relationships with a number of the third-party ad networks currently operating. You may find more information at the web site of either the individual ad network or the network advertising initiative. Your relationships, transactions, and any opt-out requests with any such third party are governed by the specific policy that such third party has, and not those of SeniorAffairs.com.
If you no longer wish to receive newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing or calling us per the information contained on our contact page. You may continue to receive email communications from us up to ten (10) business days from the time we receive your unsubscribe request.
Please note that SeniorAffairs.com can only control its own mailing list and policies. Our business partners may maintain their own mailing lists, and you may need to contact these parties directly in order to stop receiving their communications. Third-party advertisers may also advertise our services, and you may have provided those third party advertisers consent to receive those communications directly. Where that is the case, you may need to contact those third parties directly in order to stop receiving their communications. Although SeniorAffairs.com only supports permission-based emails, SeniorAffairs.com does not obligate itself to restrict third parties advertising SeniorAffairs.com beyond that which is required by applicable law.
Third Party Links
You must be at least 18 years old to use this web site. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information about visitors under 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years of age, you may not use the services offered on our web site unless they are used with the consent, permission and supervision of your parents or guardians.
Updating Your Information
If you want to access or update the personal information you submitted to SeniorAffairs.com please e-mail us at email@example.com or write to us at the following address.
SeniorAffairs.com Attn: Greg Wilson
2688 Rambla Pacifico St.
Malibu, CA 90265
Questions and Suggestions
(1) By sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) By sending a letter to:
2688 Rambla Pacifico St.
Malibu, CA 90265
Your California Privacy Rights
Companies that collect personal information from California residents and disclose such information to Third Parties (including affiliated entities) for marketing purposes must, in response to a request by a consumer, either (1) provide a list detailing the categories of information shared and the entities to which such information was provided, or (2) provide a mechanism by which a consumer may opt-out of having their information shared with Third Parties. We have elected the second option and you may request that your personal information not be shared with Third Parties by sending your request, including your full name, email address and postal address to: email@example.com, or by mail to California Privacy Information c/o SeniorAffairs.com.
In accordance with California Civil Code Sec. 1798.83, California resident users are entitled to know that they may file grievances and complaints with California Department of Consumer Affairs, 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, CA 95814; or by phone at 916-445-1254 or 800-952-5210 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Information Report Request
In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and other applicable state and federal regulations, you may request a report of personal information collected about you by SeniorAffairs.com within the past twelve (12) months, the categories of sources from which such personal information was collected, the purpose of such collection and the categories of third parties with whom your personal information was shared. This complimentary report may be requested twice in a twelve-month period and will be provided within forty-five (45) calendar days from the request submission date upon verification of your identity. A request authentication measure is in place to ensure that your personal information is not being distributed to the wrong parties. Failure to comply with all necessary steps will result in an incomplete request and your consumer information report will not be sent. You may opt to receive your report electronically or by postal mail. To request your report, call the following toll-free number or fill out our electronic form after clicking the link below:
PII Report Request
Personal Information Removal/Deletion
As a California resident, you have the right to request that your personal information is removed from our systems. If you would like your personal information removed, please call the toll-free number below or fill out our information removal form after clicking the link below. All information removal requests will be processed within forty-five days of receipt of the request.
Information Removal Request
Right to Opt-Out
As a California resident, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your PII. If you would like to opt-out, then please fill out our opt-out form after clicking the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link below:
Right Not to be Discriminated Against
SeniorAffairs.com shall not deny any good or service to you, charge you a different price, provide a different level or quality of any such good or service or suggest you will receive a different price due to your exercising any of your rights under the CCPA.
PLEASE PRINT AND RETAIN A COPY OF THIS POLICY FOR YOUR RECORDS.
LAST UPDATED January 14, 2021